Meets the highest requirements to safety and comfort.
For Crossovers, SUVs and Pickup Trucks. Dimensioned for on-road and light off-road conditions.
- Matador brand with long tradition, wide portfolio and reliable performance
- Good safety and handling performance
- Fits perfectly for example to Nissan Qashqai, Dacia Duster and Toyota Hilux
- Compact and solidly designed shoulder blocks
- High amount of waved sipes which follow the block structure
- New silica tread compound in combination with rolling resistance optimised pattern structure
- High lateral stiffness enables good transmission of side forces
- Waved sipes allow smooth roll in and roll out of the blocks
- Low rolling resistance, optimised pressure distribution and even wear of the tyre
- High level of safety due to outstanding handling performance
- Superior driving comfort due to reduced noise generation from the tyre
- High mileage
Good safety and handling performance. Compact, sturdily designed shoulder blocks increase lateral rigidity and enable the good transmission of lateral forces. Thanks to the outstanding handling, a high degree of safety is achieved.
Better driving comfort. A large number of wave-shaped sipes, which follow the block structure, enable the blocks to roll in and out smoothly. Driving comfort is improved as a result of the reduction in tyre noise.
High mileage. The new silica compound with optimised tread pattern delivers low rolling resistance, optimised pressure distribution and low wear. This also increases tyre life.
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.