Construction of DR 2 VARIANT M+S tyre and structure of its material
• The tyre is constructed from an ALL STEEL construction with a no- tube rendering that consists of one load-bearing structure built from steelcord and three contact breaker insertions from the same type of material.
• The tyre base has a new profile: the applied hexagonal cord, double core, with steelcord protection and base fillings from special mixtures. The tyre body is constructed from a profiled inner rubber, with a new system of rubber covering of the steelcord body, and contact breakers with the application of a new shoulder part filling.
• The tread of the tyre is composed of two layers the external one which is made from a mixture that has a high durability even after a high number of made kilometers and an inner layer which leads away the heat produced during the rotation of a loaded tyre.
• Technical specification of the product and the tread pattern characteristics this proven all-purpose tread pattern is designed for utility vehicles used for regional and local performance on A and Broads, and mountain region roads.
• These tread patterns are suitable for all-year performance and in all weather conditions. Because of their excellent driving qualities they are marked M+S. Mounting of the tyres with the DR 2 tread pattern is recommended for rear (traction) axle of the vehicle.
• During winter season it is possible to use these tyres for the whole vehicle, which is advantageous when using the front axle drive.
• The tyres with the DR 2 tread pattern have high durability and there is the possibility to re-create grooves.
Tread pattern characteristics
• Noticeable circumferential zigzag grooves provide, aside from the transfer of gripping power, also sufficient driving qualities - in particular on wet and snowy surfaces
• Sharp shoulder block edges provide excellent gripping qualities of the tread pattern in difficult operating conditions
• Configuration of lamellas considerably supports the adhesive qualities on wet and also dry surfaces
• Reinforcement of the shoulder block parts of the tread allows maintaining steady wearing out in varying load modes
• The tread pattern of the tyre is suitable not only for all-season application but especially for winter season, because it provides excellent grip on snowy and icy surfaces.
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm. This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow. Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.
235/75 R17.5 132/130L 12PR Dual Branding 130/128M
Tyre load index
With/Without Valve (TT/TL)
Tyre requires tube
*Prices include VAT and delivery within Ireland.
**More than 90% of our orders reach the customer in the specified delivery time.