Managing cookie setting
These cookies are necessary for navigating pages and using basic functions
Analytical cookies, marketing cookies, services of other companies (independent third-party providers)
These cookies help us better understand user behavior.
These cookies and similar technologies are used to display personalized and therefore relevant advertising content.
Construction of DR 2 VARIANT M+S tyre and structure of its material
• The tyre is constructed from an ALL STEEL construction with a no- tube rendering that consists of one load-bearing structure built from steelcord and three contact breaker insertions from the same type of material.
• The tyre base has a new profile: the applied hexagonal cord, double core, with steelcord protection and base fillings from special mixtures. The tyre body is constructed from a profiled inner rubber, with a new system of rubber covering of the steelcord body, and contact breakers with the application of a new shoulder part filling.
• The tread of the tyre is composed of two layers the external one which is made from a mixture that has a high durability even after a high number of made kilometers and an inner layer which leads away the heat produced during the rotation of a loaded tyre.
• Technical specification of the product and the tread pattern characteristics this proven all-purpose tread pattern is designed for utility vehicles used for regional and local performance on A and Broads, and mountain region roads.
• These tread patterns are suitable for all-year performance and in all weather conditions. Because of their excellent driving qualities they are marked M+S. Mounting of the tyres with the DR 2 tread pattern is recommended for rear (traction) axle of the vehicle.
• During winter season it is possible to use these tyres for the whole vehicle, which is advantageous when using the front axle drive.
• The tyres with the DR 2 tread pattern have high durability and there is the possibility to re-create grooves.
Tread pattern characteristics
• Noticeable circumferential zigzag grooves provide, aside from the transfer of gripping power, also sufficient driving qualities - in particular on wet and snowy surfaces
• Sharp shoulder block edges provide excellent gripping qualities of the tread pattern in difficult operating conditions
• Configuration of lamellas considerably supports the adhesive qualities on wet and also dry surfaces
• Reinforcement of the shoulder block parts of the tread allows maintaining steady wearing out in varying load modes
• The tread pattern of the tyre is suitable not only for all-season application but especially for winter season, because it provides excellent grip on snowy and icy surfaces.
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union has introduced the EU Tyre Label by Regulation (No. 1222/2009) identically and bindingly for all EU member states. It applies to passenger car tyres, light commercial vehicle tyres and heavy commercial vehicle tyres produced after 01.07.2012.
Three different areas are tested: rolling resistance, wet grip and the rolling noise the tyre makes on the road.
The following are not affected by the EU Tyre Label: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing tyres, tyres with additional devices to improve traction such as spiked tyres, T-type emergency tyres, special tyres for fitting to vehicles first registered before 1 October 1990, tyres with a maximum authorised speed of 80 km/h, tyres for rims with a nominal diameter of 254 mm or less or 635 mm or more.
With this regulation, the European Union is pursuing the goal of promoting economic and ecological efficiency in road traffic as well as increasing road safety on the one hand, and on the other hand, granting consumers more product transparency and at the same time serving as an active decision-making aid.
Already during the incorporation, experts criticise the fact that the EU Tyre Label unfortunately only shows a few product characteristics. Apart from rolling resistance, wet grip and rolling noise, which are the main focus of EU tyre labelling, tyres have much more important and safety-relevant product characteristics, such as aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, braking properties on dry and wet roads, behaviour in wintry conditions, etc.
Tyre manufacturers point out that test results from various institutions and journals remain an important information medium for the end consumer. These tests usually focus on further safety-relevant product characteristics besides the EU standard qualifications for tyre labelling, which are always important for the final customer.
235/75 R17.5 132/130L 12PR Dual Branding 130/128M
Tyre load index
With/Without Valve (TT/TL)
Tyre requires tube
*Prices include VAT and delivery within Ireland.
**More than 90% of our orders reach the customer in the specified delivery time.