Managing cookie setting
These cookies are necessary for navigating pages and using basic functions
Analytical cookies, marketing cookies, services of other companies (independent third-party providers)
These cookies help us better understand user behavior.
These cookies and similar technologies are used to display personalized and therefore relevant advertising content.
Construction of the DM1 POWER M+S tyre and the structure of its material
• The tyre is made from an ALL STEEL construction with a no-tube rendering that consists of one load-bearing insertion built from steelcord and four contact breaker insertions from the same type of material.
• The tyre base has a new profile: the applied hexagonal cord, double core, with a steelcord protection and base fillings from special mixtures.
• The tyre body is constructed from a profiled inner rubber, with a new system of rubber covering of the steelcord body, and contact breakers with the application of a new shoulder part filling.
• The tread of the tyre is composed of two layers the external one which is made from a mixture that has a long durability with a high number of made kilometers and an inner layer which leads away the heat produced during the rotation of a loaded tyre.
• Technical specification of the product and the tread pattern characteristics A new type of tread pattern with engagement/traction characteristics designed for freight vehicles operating mainly in so-called mixed traffic, typical for road surfaces of lower quality, field roads and less demanding terrains with unpaved surface apart from normal communications.
• The period of operational application is throughout the whole year, including the winter season.
• The application of tyres with the DM 1 tread pattern is recommended for the back traction axle of vehicles. This tread pattern is not recommended for application on front driving axles.
• The configuration of the tread pattern is build in such a manner as to resist mechanical damage in an increased way, and thus allows the usage of these tyres on semiaggressive terrain.
• A typical example of such application is various construction sites and areas with a high portion of non-maintained roads. This tread pattern has a very good durability, which can be further increased by additional cutting of grooves.
• The DM 1 tread pattern represents a new element in our offer; it does not replace any older type of tread pattern.
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union has introduced the EU Tyre Label by Regulation (No. 1222/2009) identically and bindingly for all EU member states. It applies to passenger car tyres, light commercial vehicle tyres and heavy commercial vehicle tyres produced after 01.07.2012.
Three different areas are tested: rolling resistance, wet grip and the rolling noise the tyre makes on the road.
The following are not affected by the EU Tyre Label: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing tyres, tyres with additional devices to improve traction such as spiked tyres, T-type emergency tyres, special tyres for fitting to vehicles first registered before 1 October 1990, tyres with a maximum authorised speed of 80 km/h, tyres for rims with a nominal diameter of 254 mm or less or 635 mm or more.
With this regulation, the European Union is pursuing the goal of promoting economic and ecological efficiency in road traffic as well as increasing road safety on the one hand, and on the other hand, granting consumers more product transparency and at the same time serving as an active decision-making aid.
Already during the incorporation, experts criticise the fact that the EU Tyre Label unfortunately only shows a few product characteristics. Apart from rolling resistance, wet grip and rolling noise, which are the main focus of EU tyre labelling, tyres have much more important and safety-relevant product characteristics, such as aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, braking properties on dry and wet roads, behaviour in wintry conditions, etc.
Tyre manufacturers point out that test results from various institutions and journals remain an important information medium for the end consumer. These tests usually focus on further safety-relevant product characteristics besides the EU standard qualifications for tyre labelling, which are always important for the final customer.
12 R22.5 152/148K
Tyre load index
With/Without Valve (TT/TL)
Tyre requires tube
*Prices include VAT and delivery within Ireland.
**More than 90% of our orders reach the customer in the specified delivery time.