Construction of the DM1 POWER M+S tyre and the structure of its material
• The tyre is made from an ALL STEEL construction with a no-tube rendering that consists of one load-bearing insertion built from steelcord and four contact breaker insertions from the same type of material.
• The tyre base has a new profile: the applied hexagonal cord, double core, with a steelcord protection and base fillings from special mixtures.
• The tyre body is constructed from a profiled inner rubber, with a new system of rubber covering of the steelcord body, and contact breakers with the application of a new shoulder part filling.
• The tread of the tyre is composed of two layers the external one which is made from a mixture that has a long durability with a high number of made kilometers and an inner layer which leads away the heat produced during the rotation of a loaded tyre.
• Technical specification of the product and the tread pattern characteristics A new type of tread pattern with engagement/traction characteristics designed for freight vehicles operating mainly in so-called mixed traffic, typical for road surfaces of lower quality, field roads and less demanding terrains with unpaved surface apart from normal communications.
• The period of operational application is throughout the whole year, including the winter season.
• The application of tyres with the DM 1 tread pattern is recommended for the back traction axle of vehicles. This tread pattern is not recommended for application on front driving axles.
• The configuration of the tread pattern is build in such a manner as to resist mechanical damage in an increased way, and thus allows the usage of these tyres on semiaggressive terrain.
• A typical example of such application is various construction sites and areas with a high portion of non-maintained roads. This tread pattern has a very good durability, which can be further increased by additional cutting of grooves.
• The DM 1 tread pattern represents a new element in our offer; it does not replace any older type of tread pattern.
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm. This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow. Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.
12 R22.5 152/148K
Tyre load index
With/Without Valve (TT/TL)
Tyre requires tube
*Prices include VAT and delivery within Ireland.
**More than 90% of our orders reach the customer in the specified delivery time.