The Best balance between wet and dry performance for premium SUVs
The Ventus S1 evo2 is a premium performance tire for SUVs that shortens braking distances in dry and wet conditions, enhances fuel efficiency based on lowest rolling resistance and provides excellent grip and safety when cornering.
- Aqua Driving Control: Providing superior wet performance through rapid drainag
- Triple Driveline: As wear progresses down to TWI (tread wear indicator), there is no loss in performance
- Cooling System: Speeds up water drainage and improves heat radiation at high speed
- Intercooler: Controls excessive heat build up
- Alignment Indicator: Drivers can check status of the vehicle alignment themselves through IN / OUT wear check
- High Grip Silica Compound: Improved Dry/Wet Traction & Lower Rolling Resistance
- Wide Steel Belt Layer: Better Dry/Wet Handling
- High Density Rayon and Polyester Carcass: Enchanced sidewall stiffness and durability
- High Stiffness Bead Filler: Better steering and handling response
- Strong Single Strand Bead Wire: Improved Uniformity & Tire Fitting
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.
||Ventus S1 Evo 2 K117A
||255/50 ZR20 109Y XL SBL
|Tyre load index
|With/Without Valve (TT/TL)